Ped-Zone sign for speed reduction
The best traffic calming measure on residential collectors!
The in-street Ped-ZoneTM sign is the best traffic calming measure on residential collectors. It is a simple, effective and inexpensive way to reduce speed of vehicles by 5 to 20 km/h without slowing down emergency vehicles.
Because it narrows the street, it alters driver behaviour. This new road space perception incites drivers to slow down. And, contrary to the use of speed humps, the Ped-ZoneTMsign does not slow down emergency vehicles. It also incites drivers to adopt a driving style that is slow and constant. This driving style reduces noise, air pollution and energy consumption.
If struck by a vehicle, the Ped-ZoneTM sign folds upon impact then returns to its initial position. Thanks to its unique patented design consisting of a rubber base and fibreglass board, the Ped-ZoneTM sign can withstand the weight of heavy vehicles and impacts at more than 80 km/h by many types of vehicles (buses, fire trucks, trucks, cars) even when the wheel directly hits the base of the sign.
In short, here are the 6 benefits to the in-street Ped-ZoneTM sign compared to speed humps:
- It is inexpensive.
- It doesn’t slow down emergency vehicles.
- It reduces noise.
- It doesn’t create any vibrations.
- It reduces air pollution and energy consumption.
- It doesn’t hinder snow removal since signs are removed during winter.
- Overall Height: 122 cm
- Width: 32.4 cm
- Thickness: 0.3 cm
- Fibreglass board
- Rubber / steel base with 4 holes
- Anchors for installation included (for concrete or asphalt). Bitu-LinkTM epoxy (for asphalt) not included
- Width of the Reflective Sheeting: 30.5 cm
- Height of the Reflective Sheeting : 94 cm
- Reflective Sheeting fixed on both sides
- Anti Graffiti Protection Film included
- Available colours of the reflective sheeting: White, yellow, yellow-green, fluorescent yellow, red, blue and green
- Ability to display a custom message
- Ability to include a custom logo
Installation – Asphalt
Installing a Ped-Zone™ sign is very easy. Simply drill four holes (Diameter: ¾ inch, Depth: 4 inches), pour in Bitu-Link™ epoxy, insert anchors and wait 24 hours until the epoxy has hardened. The sign is then fastened with four bolts. This fastening method, which is perfectly suited for asphalt pavement, allows for the signs to be removed each fall, leaving the anchors for the next season.
Installation – Concrete
Installing a Ped-Zone™ sign in concrete is very easy. Simply drill four holes (Diameter: ½ inch, Depth: 1 3/4 inch), insert drop-in anchors and hammer them with a punch. The sign is then fastened with four bolts. This fastening method, which is perfectly suited for concrete allows for the signs to be removed each fall (if needed), leaving the anchors for the next season.